The 6 mini quilts I made for the Placemat Quilt Swap have been received, so I can finally post photographs. My swap partner was the organizer of the vintage sheet swap I’d just participated in, so we agreed to use vintage linens as the bulk of our placemats. This was a really fun project to work on and I managed to mostly use materials from my stash. The only thing new I bought was some Kona cotton for the binding. The backing is a fine wale corduroy, if you can’t tell from the photo. I’m not a floral-loving person, never have been, but I’ve been collecting awesome vintage sheets since college, so it’s nice to use them in projects.
placemat quilt swap